Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Playyyy Balllll

I got to experience something that some people never get to; went to a home opener baseball game. Granted, it was the Marlins but it was against the Braves. The crowd was there (about 34K for opening night; the next night's attendance? Dropped to a whopping 14K! ... and if you're watching the Marlins/Braves game right NOW, you can have a look at the crowd yourself.)

My dad treated himself, Dan and I to the game. Duffy's was having a special where they provided a bus, $10 gift card plus tickets. Any way to NOT have to drive to that ridiculously located stadium is a-ok with me! (And no, it wasn't a "party bus." The median age of the people on the bus was 74.)

Marlins Park upon our arrival
We had great seats, too. Even had some Braves fans surrounding us. Of course I was excited because I knew more about some of the players than those around me. (Thanks to Dan!) Chris Johnson who went to my college played so that was cool to see him, too. But even more so is seeing my own fantasy baseball players hitting so well live & in person!

It was such a gorgeous night out, they even had the roof open.


However, the concession stands were NOT ready for the 'massive' crowd. The line moved so slowly and was always SO LONG. No one was exactly hustling; I'm sure that they lost out on much-needed revenue from this.

Though there was a nice showing of Braves fans, I do have to say that I was surprised by the number of people in Marlins attire. I didn't know they existed. Real, true, live Marlins fans? Well, I guess they're not very loyal judging by non-opening-day attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment