Thursday, April 18, 2013

Deep South, Y'all!

Woo... Ever get back from a trip that you kind of thought was a vacation but you also knew you'd be on the go the whole time, and just feel so much more exhausted upon returning? Well, that's how I felt upon returning from Atlanta and Birmingham.

But it was such a great trip! Dan and I got our own private tour with a guide of Turner Field. We got to go onto the field, in the clubhouse, to a few of the special club levels, the press box and the broadcasting booth. It was very similar to the Wrigley Field one, but Dan had goosebumps the whole time, it was great!

Perfect day at Turner Field

Our hotel in Atlanta for the first night was the perfect location. We got to wander around town, went to a little market, Centennial Olympic Park, wandered through the CNN Center, even got some nice t-storms!

Headed into Alabama the next day and met up with the bride-to-be and my best friend from college for the rehearsal dinner, then we headed to the sports bar next door to catch the end of the Braves game. :)

Following morning Dan and I drove into Birmingham and had a nice little breakfast than walked around downtown for a bit. Everything was closed because it was still early, but we came across a nice park (and they were setting up for a Cajun Cookoff!)

Park in downtown Birmingham

The wedding later that day was gorgeous, it was outside at a botanical garden just outside Birmingham (where the bride and groom went on their first date and got engaged).

Following day we headed back to Atlanta fairly early and were so glad that the Stonehurst Bed and Breakfast we stayed at were able to let us check in early. So we dropped off our bags, asked the innkeeper for the best local bar to watch the game at and headed out. My friend from college came out for a bit too and it was great to catch up with him, too.

Our last dinner was at Mary Mac's which was great... I got my last dosage of fried green tomatoes!

And finally on our last day, we got to walk around Piedmont Park. I LOVED this park. I mean.. aren't these sidewalks just BEGGING to be ran on? Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to, but I hope to some day! I'm sure that a 5K or 10K there would be quite an experience.

Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta

Work has been very crazy this week but that's good because time goes quickly and it gets me back into the swing of things. I'm off to Bonita Springs this upcoming weekend for a girls' weekend for my friend's wedding that I'm in next month in Orlando!

We walked around a lot during our trip to the south which I am thankful for. And even hit the gym at the hotel one morning! But since returning, I haven't been able to get into gym mode (especially knowing I'd be gone again this weekend.) So I'm hoping to get hardcore again upon returning from Bonita.

I am all signed up for my 6K at the end of this month, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment