Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Finally, She's the Bride to be

As my three months of craziness continues... I went to Bonita Springs last weekend with 2 other bridesmaids & the bride of the wedding I'm in next month.

I drove in with another bridesmaid who lives near me on Friday evening, we got in late but it was nice just hanging out talking with the girls for hours (wayyy past my bedtime... 12:30am?!).

Woke up early (naturally, you know me) the next morning and enjoyed the patio for a bit.

View from our room at the Hyatt, overloking Estero Bay

The other 2 bridesmaids and I had worked out a whole 'secret shower' for Allison the next morning at the Regency Club breakfast. We requested that mimosas be there, and we decorated with a little poster, a Disney princess tiara and rings. Of course we also got her a gift. (but she loves checking the registry so she was onto us a bit... knew that a gift had been purchased but hadn't been delivered to her house yet!)

Our little bridal shower

The rest of the day was spent relaxing by the pool... talking... By the time we all decided we had had enough vitamin D for the day, we headed in to get ready for dinner. We tried going to a little shop but it had closed already so we headed to the restaurant and were surprised to find a wait! But we spent it people-watching and it went by quickly.  We got the 'flaming cheese' appetizer. I'm an idiot and put my camera away right after our group shot and didn't get a pic of the flame! But mmm it's so tasty. Thanks, Sal, for dinner! :)

Cheers!

Sunday morning after breakfast we caught the first boat over to the private island and laid on the beach under the umbrellas for a bit. Got to see some dolphins!! We headed back to the hotel, grabbed some lunch, showered and then all parted ways. But don't worry! We'll all be together in a few weeks for Allison's Big Day!

I really slacked with my workouts the week between Atlanta and Bonita. Just couldn't get motivated and kept telling myself there was no point in getting into the habit if I was just going away again the next week. (rational... right? no?)

But this week I'm getting back into my game, and while I may not get an actual run in before my 6K on Saturday, I think I'll be okay. My goal is 32 minutes... We'll see what these trips & lack of exercise have done to my body. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the blog! Very pretty :o) Glad you had a good time...I enjoyed all the texts as you went by familiar places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you. I wish I was better at customizing it. With all the html stuff I do at work, you'd think I could be a little fancier. :) I know, I was so excited upon finding places I knew! (and for the record, the water was MUCH more calm under that bridge.)

    ReplyDelete