Monday, April 1, 2013

And so it Begins

Well, I've been here before. Started a blog with high hopes, but I feel this time may be different. (Plus I'm a bit intimidated by my other blogging friends. Do I have the writing ability to do this? Am I funny enough? Do I have enough to even talk about?) But this time, I have more of a feel for what I want this to be. And today's a tad monumental  so I figured this would be as good a time as ever to have my inaugural post. 

Perhaps first I should begin with the meaning of my blog what I foresee this being. "Get Up, Get Out" has two meanings to me & that will be applied to this here blog. The first is the activeness of it, I'm always on the go and people are often amazed by my preferred workout time: 5:30 am. Get Up, Get Out.

Secondly, it's something often yelled at a baseball while it's in the middle of the air, sailing towards the stands... get up, get up, GET OUT -- homerun!!  And baseball is sort of an obsession of mine. Onto why today's monumental.

Today's OPENING DAY! I'm currently lounging on the recliner with the boyfriend spread out on the couch... We're checking our fantasy teams, flipping between all the games, waiting for the Braves to come on TV. (I'm a Cubs fan forever but the bf is a Braves fan and I'm officially drinkin' the Kool-Aid.) We went to a ton of Spring Training games this spring -- a perk of living in Florida! -- so we're all set for the season to start. 




Aside from that, this past weekend shocked myself and I think it really moved me to a completely different mindset. I drove over to Fort Myers to run a 5K with one of my sorority sisters from college (you can check out her blog here.). My goal was to complete it in under 32 minutes. I came in at 29:00 flat! I've been working really hard this month in the gym and apparently it has paid off. But it has really done something to me mentally. I realized that it really is mind over matter. I know this has been part of my training this past month but I never would've thought I'd finish that race as fast as I did! And it's truly motivating. 


Sprinting to the finish line, with 29:00 on the clock

I think this wraps up today's exciting (right?) initial entry. I'm going to reflect a little more on my 'goals,' especially given this past weekend's results. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment