Sunday, April 7, 2013

Forcing a Day Off

I've been really very dedicated to my new workout regimen. It's even gotten to the point where at the beginning of the week I mentally "plan" my workouts. Monday & Wednesday mornings are usually my spinning classes at L.A. Fitness. Tuesday & Thursday have been saved for my new-found-love: Slash Fitness. Friday is a toss up. Saturday & Sunday are run-outside-days.

I have noticed dramatic improvements in myself mentally and physically since starting at Slash. I'm sure my body's glad to have me mixing it up again. And I love it because it's HIIT workouts and I'm done in 45 minutes but know I'm still burning calories WELL after it's over. I'm building muscle and losing fat.

I've been feeling that awesome sore muscle feeling after many Slash sessions, which always is reassuring to me. It's working!

Yesterday afternoon though I went for a 3 mile run. Now that I KNOW I can run it in 29 minutes... My body & mind think that running any slower than that is a letdown. So I pushed myself hard yesterday, especially since I hadn't really had a decent run since the 5K.

And boy did I pay for it.

taken from RunningMemes
I was even careful to stretch before & after which I know is important. But VERY soon after my run I got terrible pains in my achilles and all along the outer side of my lower leg. The rest of the evening was spent in bed with Tylonel & icing my poor legs.

Of course my bf reminded me that he told me I need to take rest days now and then. So today's Sunday... and I'm forcing myself to lay around and do nothing. (which is NOT ME.) It's really hard to not get outside & run. I'm all signed up for 5:30am Slash tomorrow. We leave for Atlanta/ Birmingham on Thursday so I'm hoping to keep up my activity levels!

2 comments: