Saturday, July 27, 2013

No Excuses

This past week was a very busy week, we had the kickoff of our big campaign on Wednesday and I know that launches always mean very long hours and very little sleep.

But I was determined to not let it ruin my workout regimine, it just took a little adjusting and determination.

Each morning this week (with the exception of Friday), I was at the office by 7am the latest.

Here's how I still managed to get in all my workouts:

Monday: 12pm Slash workout

Tuesday: I got up early and got to the clubhouse treadmill at 5am for a very quick 2 miles. It wasn't a long workout, but the way I figured it... at least I did something, right? And it's a good thing because we skipped Jiu Jitsu at work due to so much work to be done for the launch.

Wednesday: LAUNCH DAY! I got barely 2 hours of sleep off and on the night before. 12pm came around and I had the choice to go to Slash or not. I knew it'd either energize me or completely wear me out and it'd be a huge mistake. BUT I WENT! And it did make me feel good and especially on such a stressful day. (and I didn't even really start to crash till about 4:30pm)

Thursday: 12pm Slash

Friday: Jiu jitsu at 12:30 with my co-workers.

So while I wasn't really able to do my normal early AM workouts, except Tuesday's quick run, I am still proud of myself for making an hour of time during this craziness to keep up my hard work!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of people who can workout during lunch. I get 27 minutes to eat and pee lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really am very lucky that my job is laid back (and they pay for my slash sessions) and i'm able to do that!

      Delete