Friday, June 28, 2013

You'd be in for a surprise if you attacked me...

I refuse to let my blog fall to the wayside! Haven't had much of anything exciting to write about so why post, ya know?

But I've kind of picked up another form of exercise lately.

Through work, our big wig Marketing Consultant (who has helped hundreds of start ups) is also a black belt, so him and HIS instructor teach us Brazilian Jiu Jitsu twice a week for one hour, just down the road from my office at his private gym. Tuesdays @ 4 and Fridays @ 12:30 you'll find me there :) There's just a small group of us that go from the office but it's been great.

First of all, it's been nice getting to know these people a bit more outside of the office. Second, it's good interaction with my bosses! Third, I'm learning some great self defense, heaven forbid I should ever need it. Fourth, I'm burning calories! Fifth, it's just FUN!

I've always kind of been interested in BJJ but didn't know how to get into it as an "adult." But in this setting, we're all beginners learning at the same pace and there's no pressure at all.

Hopefully it's something that we continue with! 


3 comments:

  1. Love that to put adult in quotes :) sounds like you are having fun- and getting to leave work a little early too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, i don't REALLY think i'm a adult in my head but the number tells me otherwise. YES! it's all around very good. so many lil' perks!

      Delete
  2. I bet that's fun to learn! I did karate as a kid and I really do miss it.

    ReplyDelete