Friday, September 20, 2013

Fells Point, Baltimore, MD

I traveled to Baltimore, MD earlier this week for a 3-day Marketing Conference. 

Turns out a lot of the topics covered were very similar to what I went to a couple of years ago, but was still nice to see people that I e-mail with constantly but either have never met in person, or rarely get to see. 

I even got to chat with the Publisher of one of our Argentina Affiliates and also the Publisher of International Living, based in Ireland. Pretty cool, right? Oh, and can't leave out the other guy from another domestic affiliate who told us our product is terrible. Ohhhhhh, I let him know my thoughts on that. ("Why are we making more sales than you guys then?" :)

My hotel was right on the water and I had a gorgeous view of the harbor.

Panoramic pic of the view right outside my window.

I brought 2 pairs of workout clothes, with some wishful thinking. The hotel had a gym but it was locked and I wasn't entirely sure how to get the passcode. (yes, I'm sure I could've asked the front desk.) And the book in the hotel room stated that the gym wasn't even in the hotel, but down the block. So I'm not sure. 

So, instead I decided to venture outside! I had dinner with my cousin on Tuesday evening and she gave me some pointers as to what area was safe. There were so many running paths, sidewalks, along the water, down the old streets, it was so inviting. 

I checked the temp when I woke up Wednesday morning and it was a beautiful 50 degrees. :) Glad I had brought capris and not just running shorts. 

Could this sunrise be any more gorgeous?

I started off running to the right as soon as I exited the hotel... The boardwalk soon turned into a brick sidewalk and wound around the wharf. I was able to see the Under Armour headquarters.. Domino building... so many boats. 

The paths were bustling with runners which made me more motivated, plus it was a Wednesday morning! I can only imagine what it'd be like on a weekend morning. 

I could take in this view during a run any day of the week!
After the number of runners started to dwindle and my nice waterside sidewalk ended, I turned around, headed back towards the hotel but passed it and ran the other way for a little bit. 


I was a little tight for time because I needed to get some work done before the next round of presentations started and I was out of luck for the day... So I could only get in about 1.7 miles. 

But I gotta say... those miles felt GREAT. 50 degrees with very little humidity was exactly what I needed. I wish that I could've gone farther (while also knowing WHERE I was going!)

But still proud of myself for getting out there at all. 

And of course we had to finish up the trip with the Crab Pretzel at BWI. :) 

Cheesy, Crabby, Pretzel-y goodness!




2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of the weather you got to run in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so so so nice! Plus I didn't listen to any music (partially because I forgot headphones but also figured it'd be safer if I could hear what was going on around me.) ... so I was surprised how great I felt.

      Delete