Saturday, August 3, 2013

NL Batting Title?

I haven't done a baseball post in a longggg time and I vowed this blog would be both my working out and baseball. (Get Up, Get Out!)

I'd just like to quickly talk about Chris Johnson. I didn't know him directly but he went to Stetson at the same time I was there. We have quite a few mutual friends. When I heard he was coming to the Braves I was pretty excited. He had to fight to win over the 3rd base position from Juan Francisco. (who has since been traded.)

Dan and I were lucky enough to attend a lot of Spring Training games (as per usual!) and after one of the games Chris was signing baseballs so went over there. As he was signing mine, I said "Go Hatters!" .. he did a double take then smiled and said "That's right!" and another guy who was standing nearby also went to Stetson and was there seeing Chris play.

Anyway, he's been quite the shining star this year. I don't think anyone really expected it. And thanks to my weird loyalty because he was a Stetson student, too, I picked him up in my fantasy team. Boy, has that paid off! I just hope that he can keep up this momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment