Sunday, August 18, 2013

Horrible Bad Awful Runs

This isn't a very inspiring post but just have to write about it...

I forced myself out for a quick run on Friday morning (because I overslept and missed 5:30am Slash which is what I had been planning to do.) and just did 2 miles, but I was miserable for every second of it. Even afterwards my knees, feet and ankles were sore and achy.

I even told my cousin that I regretted even going at all; which is a feeling I've never had before. She scolded me saying I should NEVER say that, and I should be proud of myself for getting out there at all.

Yesterday I went out for another run and knew when I set out that I was only going to do 2 miles because of how I had felt the day before and my body was still aching. When I hit the 1 mile mark, I was surprised my pace was under 10 minutes because I was feeling so sluggish.

But that helped push me through to speed it up even more for the 2nd mile.

I think I know what is causing the sluggish feeling during my runs...

1. heat and humidity (no matter what time i do)
2. dehydration
3. poor dieting the past fewdays

But it made me hesitant to even sign up for the 5K I wanted to do in the beginning of September. If it's still going to be crazy hot.. how am I going to make it 3.1 miles if I'm struggling with my 2 miles?

I'm sure in the next couple of weeks, I'll give in and sign up but... not feelin' it right now.

1 comment:

  1. It's for sure the humidity. My runs have been so bad, too. Try doing intervals...run two or three minutes and walk a minute to recover. I'm so glad you're getting out there anyway! I ran my fastest 5k in the heat when I thought I wouldn't even be able to run a mile of it!

    ReplyDelete