Friday, May 24, 2013

Am I a Runner?

A few weeks ago... Dan said "Well, you're a runner."

Got me thinking... AM I?

I like to be active, but I don't log a certain amount of miles each week. I can't run more than X amount of miles at a time. I don't know some of the "runner lingo" used. If I push myself too hard, I get really bad pains in my lower legs. I don't own a Garmin. I use my running shoes to cross train. My legs turn out behind me when I run (which I'm sure it terrible form.) I don't have the desire to ever run a full marathon.

But yet, Saturday mornings are my time to hit the pavement. Or sometimes after my morning cross training workout, I want to get in a couple of miles. I love 5Ks (I mean... collecting bibs, finishers' medals and t-shirts is fun, too!!) and the sense of finishing one, especially if it's a PR. Or sometimes when I'm at my desk at work and I look outside and it's perfect weather, I just want to throw on my sneaks and pound pavement! And who can pass up that feeling after a great run.

So maybe I'm just a runner in training.

And if I ever need the extra motivation... I have this list.


5 comments:

  1. Sal doesn't have perfect form either (kicks out his left leg) and he is definately a runner- so don't let that stop you from calling yourself a runner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I didn't "reply" to your comment, i made a new one. So you probably don't even know I answered you. How rude of me.

      I love that you have internet on the plane; this is so much fun! Good to know that Sal of all people doesn't have the best form.

      Delete
  2. I love that you have internet on the plane; this is so much fun! Good to know that Sal of all people doesn't have the best form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have ever signed up for a race and put on a bib, you're a runner. Once a runner, always a runner. Welcome to the tribe :o)

    ReplyDelete